Saturday, January 26, 2008

For Reals - I live.

Haha, you all thought this blog was just a flash-in-the-pan, ephemeral thing that happened on a whim of mine! Well, you're... not totally right... not yet.

Anyway, I am really glad I have this blog. Mainly because it is a good indication of how self-reflective I have been lately. As you can tell, not much: a BAD thing, I will say on record. But, I repent. I have the disease of not being able to focus on anything for very long. You may well wonder how I got into medical school. It is a good question and one that I shall not attempt to go into at this time.

I had the last 2 months off, the first one on purpose and the second due to some Christmas/New Years induced laziness, where I didn't think of signing up for an elective until like Dec 30th. Whoops.

But in the last couple weeks, I have been really working on my research/review paper of perimedullary arteriovenous fistulae. These are basically big enlargements of blood vessels right outside the spinal cord that get so huge they press on the spinal cord and cause paralysis, pain, numbness, and/or lack of sphincter control (my favorite)!




Almost done. Just about ready to send it in, so it can be rejected a second time.

No comments: