Friday, November 30, 2007

Done!

Well, neuropathology sign-out was done early today; it only lasted an hour. Fitting, since today was the last day of the rotation.

It has been a rough 4 weeks. Well, ok, no it hasn't actually. All the attendings were cool, generally I didn't have to be in until 1:30, and we were usually done by 4:30 or so. All in all, I would say it was an interesting elective, but there were of course times when I felt the need to kill myself - generally in the early days of the month, when my eyes were not used to the light and constant lens accomodation required when looking in a microscope. Many times, I felt the need for my head and eyes to explode to reduce the pain after 3 hours of that.

But now, my eyes are doing pretty ok after a couple hours of it. I have even learned how to press my eyes down on the lenses and get a little sleep while making it appear that I am intensely looking at the slide. Quite ingenious, I know. Luckily, I understand about as much with my eyes closed as with them open.

No comments: